I'm André Monteiro, and I'm a software engineer specializing in web development. Currently, I work for Virtuoso as a Senior Software Engineer.
On a daily basis, I work with Vue.js, React, Angular, Node.JS, and many other frameworks and technologies, whatever I'm required to use at my job. I'm particularly fond of front-end development, since it puts me in contact with different types of businesses and end-users and, therefore, gives me the opportunity to learn about fields other than mine, and to try and make easier the routines of many.
- In 2016 I finished my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering, at Universidade da Beira Interior, Covilhã, Portugal.
- Also in 2016, right after I finished my Bachelor's, I moved to Lisbon, Portugal, and started working as a consultant for RedIT. Here I had contact with major Portuguese companies such as Novabase and Millenium BCP.
- In 2017 I started working for Albatroz Engineering, and began my Master's degree in Computer Science and Engineering at my alma mater, Universidade da Beira Interior.
- In 2018 I started a Consultant/Engineer job for Altran in my hometown Fundão, Portugal. I participated in projects of several challenging business areas, standing out the development of web apps for the Volkswagen ID.3's infotainment system.
- In 2020 I enrolled in Xblend as a Software Engineer, where I developed the Xray Exploratory App, a desktop application in React and Electron.
- In 2021 I finished my Master's degree in Computer Science and Engineering at Universidade da Beira Interior, Covilhã, Portugal. My dissertation is titled Feature Expansion for Social Media User Characterization.
- At the end of 2021, I started my current job at Virtuoso, a testing platform that enables teams to test faster with codeless, self-maintaining, automation in the cloud.
A brief list of my skills:
- Other programming languages: Python, Java;
- Continuous Integration and Deployment: GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins, Bamboo, Sonarqube, Docker;
- Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban.
For information about contacting me, please refer to my LinkedIn profile.